Saturday, April 11, 2009

Things You Never Think About...

Yesterday I opened my refrigerator door and nearly had a heart attack. It was completely dark. My first thought was, "Dear Lord, it has died too! After I blogged that it would never die because I don't own it, it went and died!!"

Then, as I was standing there panicking, I hear the motor begin whirring again...and realize...IT'S ALIVE!!! (Felt the urge to pay homage to Frankenstein there) So, anyway..I begin exploring what is wrong with the thing. And then I realize it...the light bulb blew.

Did you realize there's a tiny little light bulb in your refrigerator? I mean, I guess I probably always knew subconsciously that there must be some kind of bulb in it. Otherwise how would a light come on when you opened the door? But I never once opened the door and thought, "Oh good, the little light bulb is still working!" I mean...have you ever thought that? I doubt you have. Even if you tell me that you have. Seriously, who ever gives a thought to a refrigerator light bulb??

So now here I am with a dark refrigerator. I mean, I am in no way prepared for a tiny refrigerator light bulb burn out emergency. How in the world will I ever remember to buy one of those? I can't even remember to pick up a gallon of milk when I run out. (Which reminds me, I forgot to put the milk I just bought away. Don't go anywhere...I'll be right back...)

So, OK - where do you find these tiny refrigerator light bulbs? Now I'll spend hours wandering around the store trying to locate one of these things. And then I'll no doubt buy the wrong size or wattage or whatever and have to go through the huge rigmarole of returning it. But, it has to be done. You have no idea how depressing it is to open your refrigerator door and no light comes on. Especially if it's the middle of the night. I mean...that just ain't right.

It just ain't, I tell ya....

10:20 pm - an update to the tiny refrigerator light dilema....

Now I go back to the fridge, and the light is on.

OH NO....the other electronics have gotten to it!!

I must figure out how to stop the mutiny!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment