Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Family Is Insane

I told them this was what I was going to name my blog tonight. They didn't believe me.

Mom, Heather and I did a night out to see "To Kill A Mockingbird" tonight. We met at Heather's prior to the play...Mom had picked us up subs for supper. As we're eating, we somehow get into a conversation about Heather's rubber chicken. (Please don't ask, I have no idea why...)

Sooo - Anyway....Heather has this rubber chicken, and she's actually named it. Jimmy. A rubber chicken named Jimmy. See, I could almost stop right here and that'd be all you'd need to hear.

But....No, wait...I have the name wrong. It's Little Jimmy. She's very adamant about the "Little" being on there. So we're talking and one of us just calls him "Jimmy" without the Little and she then blurts out..."It's Little Jimmy.....Little Jimmy Chickens!!" I guess this is the first time she ever said his "whole name" out loud (I can't believe my fingers are actually even typing this stuff), and she found it extremely hilarious. So the next thing we hear is:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH.....HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LITTLE JIMMY CHICKENS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

You'd think it couldn't get any worse than this, wouldn't you? Well, you'd be wrong. Because this is when I say I'm going to do a blog tonight called "My Family Is Insane" and talk about Little Jimmy Chickens. She then declares to us that we cannot blog about Little Jimmy Chickens because he is her chicken. Apparently we are unaware that our government has been hard at work creating laws to protect poor defenseless rubber chickens from being blogged about unscrupulously. (Although it really wouldn't surprise me to find that's what they've been doing.)

So, tonight I throw caution to the wind and defy the highest laws of this great land and boldly blog about a rubber chicken named Little Jimmy Chickens.

I just don't even know what else to say after that....

2 comments:

  1. HAhahahahahahahaha! I believe I shall bring up Little Jimmy Chickens in my blog tonight....I just may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom told me this story, but it's even funnier here!! Thanks for a good laugh--to HEATHER, as well as Becky (because without Heather naming her chicken "Little Jimmy Chickens", there wouldn't have been such a good story, eh?!

    ReplyDelete