Monday, April 20, 2009

Simple Pleasures

First of all...I'm trying a new font tonight because "GOP Gal", aka Hezzo, said mine was hard to read. I think she's been spending too much time talking to a rubber chicken myself, but...

What's on my mind tonight?? Well, I've been noticing lately that the older that I get, the more that simple things just satisfy me. It's kind of odd in a way. I mean, I used to love pizza with the works...so much stuff piled on it that it folds like a cheap tent when you try to hold up a piece. Not so much anymore. I would rather have a slice of regular old pepperoni-cheese any day. And man, just hand me a plain chocolate or vanilla ice cream cone and I'm in heaven. Shoes that don't need buckled or tied are just the grandest thing ever. And clothes I don't have to iron are even better!

I personally like the new ketchup, shampoo and mayo bottles that sit on their lids so it's easier to get all of the goop out of them. (Why didn't they think of that years ago??) And my goodness...how did we ever function without a DVR -- 1 click recording!

I don't know if this is a sign of just being lazy, or just that I'm maturing enough to realize that a lot of times in life...it's about the little things. (I choose to believe the maturing thing... Seriously, how much more mature can you be when finally finding a store that sells Cheetos Asteroids sends you into a happy dance?) Why should we spend so much time complicating everything, when we can spend more time just enjoying the time we have?? It's a question worth contemplating...

Of course there are limitations. One remote that controls 12 appliances can get to be a bit much. And peanut butter and jelly in one jar?? Come on....that's just gross.

Even I have my limits.

1 comment:

  1. I have taried to tell you for years that simple things are the best. That's why you have the best mom ever. hahahahahahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete