Thursday, June 4, 2009

Head Games

Ever have a migraine? I get them from time to time. Today was a time.

I hate 'em.

Everything hurts. Hurts ridiculously. I can actually feel little bones in my face and neck that I never even knew was there. And by "feel" I mean...they are lavishing in excruciating pain. It's odd how it affects every aspect of my existence. Pretty soon I start shaking, then the "sick to my stomach" roller coaster starts. It's great to be in the store and suddenly think you're gonna revisit your lunch in the middle of the medicine aisle.

Talk about a "clean-up, aisle 3".

But the worst part usually is the light. Dear Lord...I'd rather have a drill bit screwed through my head than to have a light directed at me. If I knew the secret location of the bat cave, I'd be hanging out there during these attacks. Just don't let Robin turn on the batmobile headlights...

So I take way too many pills to try and knock it, throw a special "sinus mask" on my face, turn a fan full blast on me and try to sleep it off.

And pray it doesn't happen again for a long, long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment