Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lunchtime routine

For some reason today around 11:30 a.m. I thought lunch would be a good topic to blog about. Now, at 11 p.m., I have no idea why I thought that. But, well....I'm here, so let's blog....

I don't go out to lunch with a lot of different people. A lot of days anymore I have to do working lunches. My boss and I do those a lot. Sometimes you get 3 times as much done just stepping away from the office for a while, even if you are cramming food in your mouth while you do it.

A lot of days if I don't have a meeting and Heather's free we do lunch together. Usually the same thing happens each time. I'll call her and the following conversation will ensue:

Hezzo: Hey.

Me: Whatcha doin?

Hezzo: Nothin.

Me: That's nice. Whatcha doin for lunch?

Hezzo: I dunno

Me: Wanna go?

Hezzo: K. Meetcha downstairs.

So we meet in the lobby, walk to the car, get in, buckle up, and have the following conversation:

Hezzo: Where do you wanna go?

Me: I don't know. What are you in the mood for?

Hezzo: I don't know.

Silence as we drive down the road

Hezzo: You gotta tell me something

Me: I don't care. What do you want?

Hezzo: I don't want McDonalds. or Wendy's. Or any burgers.

Me: I don't either.

Hezzo: Or Taco Bell.

Me: I don't either.

More silence as we drive further

Hezzo: So where are we going?

Me: I don't care. Where do you want to go?

Hezzo: I don't know. Wanna do Mexican?

Me: Yeah. I knew you were gonna say that.

It's a wonder we don't starve to death in this little ritual.

Oh, sometimes it varies. If I decide we usually end up at the pizza joint.
Though Heather declared we couldn't go back there the other day because one of the cooks was flirting with her.

Eh...she'll be back.... If I have anything to do with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment