Monday, July 6, 2009

Animal Crackers, MJ and Manilow...

Today was a weird day. Well, first I was sick all day. Stomach just nauseous. Which I hate. I'd rather be in pain then feeling like I'm going to throw up all day long. Trust me, it makes sitting in meetings that were already almost unbearable even more so. If that's possible...

So, I was really considering leaving early when my boss pops out of her office and asks if I can come back and review some stuff with her. Well, it didn't seem like "No I'm going home instead" was the proper answer, so back I go.


So as I'm going back she informs me she has to go get something to eat, and in a couple seconds she's back with animal crackers. Which she informs me she doesn't like. But she got them because they seemed healthier than Cheetos. Yeah, she and I both do real well together on this dieting thing as a support system for each other, since we both think the same way on that kind of stuff.

So, I start talking to her about Foreclosures and Vacancies, which is what she called me back for, when she starts making the sound of every animal that she is about to eat. OK...if you don't work in an office, you just gotta understand that some days at a certain point you just can't do anymore. Apparently for her this was one of those days. And we were at that point. Which really didn't bother me much because I was kind of there too.

Well, we do finally make it through the exciting world of foreclosures (cough, cough), and then get engaged in a lively discussion about Mr. Jackson's upcoming memorial tomorrow, which somehow leads into a discussion about Barry Manilow, whom Dona can't believe I don't just love, but she really does need to believe it because I really don't care for his music. I mean, I know he's a talented writer and he has a good voice....but his stuff just does not "move me".

So now she's decided she's going to give me a CD to listen to so I can "feel the Barry love".

I have a feeling I might be nauseous again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment