Saturday, May 9, 2009

15 Years

Today is my 15 year anniversary. No...I've not been secretly married all this time. It's 15 years at my current job. I work at an insurance company. I don't usually say that out loud in public though, because I have found that people sometimes have varied reactions when you say you work in the insurance industry. And a lot of times it's not really a favorable reaction. It's a lot of fun when somebody starts yelling at you at the local football game because their insurance company (with whom you are not even affiliated) denied one of their claims. I guess insurance is one of those things that people just like to be mad about a lot. But really, we're not bad people. So stop taking it out on me!

I do understand to some extent though, as I've had run-ins with insurance companies too. And mom just loves 'em. She literally told an insurance agent once that she thought all insurance people should be shot and hung from the nearest tree. This was even with me sitting right beside her. Of course, that agent should have been shot and hung...he was a scam artist. But still...

But anyway, the industry has been good to me for the last 15 years, and I'm thankful for the steady (though completely overwhelming at the present time) work it has provided.

And I'm not even thinking about how this is only the halfway point of my career.

Uughh....

No comments:

Post a Comment