Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fortune Teller

Today I went to the local Chinese buffet for lunch. At the end of the meal, of course they brought out the little obligatory fortune cookie. I don't know why I read those things. I mean, a little slip of paper in a stale little glob of dough that, in my opinion, doesn't even have a right to really call itself a cookie...who came up with this idea?

I wouldn't mind so much if they were actually "fortunes". But mine never are. Today's was "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." That is not a fortune. That's a strange little saying that I'm not even sure really makes a lot of sense. Or maybe it does too obviously make sense. Either way, what am I supposed to do with that??

The worst one I ever got....no kidding....said "You love Chinese food". Tell me really, someone gets paid to come up with these things????

So at the end of every Chinese meal I tell myself I'm not going to read the fortune. Then I read it anyway. Someone should write me a REAL fortune. I can see it now:

"We knew you were going to read this. Now eat your cookie."

No comments:

Post a Comment