Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 - Never Forget

I'm on vacation right now....spent a nice relaxing week on beautiful Hilton Head Island, SC. As you sometimes do on vacation, I've kind of lost track of the date....actually, I barely even know what DAY it is! But as we were driving around the island today I noticed all the flags were at half staff. Then it hit me.....September 11.


Today I woke up in a nice condo sitting on a beautiful resort by the ocean. My mom and I got up at 6:30 at walked on the beach and watched a spectacular sunrise. We drove down to a lighthouse and bought some niceties....we grilled hamburgers and made deviled eggs and salad and had a nice lunch together....we played in the ocean and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on the beach and the sand between our toes.


And all of this because of those who have fought to protect what they tried to take from us on this day 8 years ago. I think of the innocent ones who will never see another sunrise, their loved ones who will never enjoy another sunrise, the responders who bravely ran into danger that day, and all those who have continued the fight since.


We still mourn your loss.....we still thank you for your sacrifice....we still honor your memory.


This sunrise is for you.


May God Bless America.



No comments:

Post a Comment